First Look at AMT multi-level cars this Friday
The AMT has announced that the new Bombardier multi-level cars will be unveiled to the public this Friday, August 21st at the Bombardier plant in La Pocatiere. These are the first cars out of 160 ordered in December 2007 by the AMT.
Features of the cars:
- Contract price: 386M$ for 160 cars
- Two levels of seating with an intermediate level at the extremities
- High and low level doors (two of each per side) for operation at all stations of the network (including central station)
- Stainless steel body shell (heavier than the aluminium shell bi-levels currently operating)
- Sized to fit in the Mont-Royal tunnel.
- Toilets (in some cars)
- Passenger information system
They will first operate on the Montréal/St-Hilaire line. And they are the only cars that can be used on the train de l’est. Eventually, they could operate on all lines.